Friday, January 15, 2010



There's something about musicals that get me going, in a good way.

Singing has always been something I've wanted to pursue. I was in musicals as a child and it was one of the most beneficial, amazing and happy times of my life. Being on stage, acting and singing was what I lived for. Being in character is nothing new to me, so being on stage was truly my time to shine.

Then I quit. Out of nowhere. I just ended my time on stage. I got into horseback riding soon after, spending years competing and earning ribbons. Then I quit that. And so the trend continued throughout my adolescent years and into adulthood. I love something, I work hard at it, I spend countless hours mastering it and then I quit. But that's another post for another time, back to singing.

I notice when I'm sad I lean towards anything that involves spontaneous outbursts of musical talent. From Glee to Mamma Mia!, I'm drawn to music. It brings joy to my life and I can't help but grin ear to ear as the music starts, the actors gather and the voices fill the air. It's my go-to Happy Place, only after a spend a few hours surrounded by books. My most recent obsession? Sam Tsui. I want to make out with his face. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment