Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Daily Grind


No, I don't mean the hustle and bustle of your workday. I mean coffee. Yes, that delectable, delicious and oh so gratifying beverage that makes the world go round.

I'm on my second double Americano of the day. The savory and rich aroma coupled with the smooth texture on the tongue leaves me tingling all over. I live and die for my daily coffee fix. There's something about the experience of not only getting coffee but carrying coffee that leaves me satisfied. I can finally relate to smokers. It's all about having something in your hand. The ritual of standing in line, ordering, adding the cream and sugar, and carrying it that leaves me feeling sublimely content-even if for a short period of time. Within two hours I'll be wanting more. And more. And more.

I have to cut myself off. Detox. But not before I have one last sip...

No comments:

Post a Comment